No code necessary. See terms.
Seoul - Day Trips from Seoul (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Seoul and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Demilitarized Zone & Joint Security Area and Heyri.
- for history buffs and collectors of weird and unsettling experiences, a visit to the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) buffer between North and South Korea is not to be missed; in the Joint Security Area (JSA) you can straddle the line between the two countries
- the art and culture village of Heyri is a charming place to browse galleries and while away time in cafes; nearby Paju Book City is all about its contemporary architecture
- stride around the World Heritage–listed, 18th-century fortress walls of Suwon, drop by the restored Joseon-dynasty temporary palace and enjoy the charms of the Korean Folk Village
- Korea opened up to the world at the end of the 19th century and in the port city of Incheon you’ll find a colourful Chinatown, creative Art Platform and pleasant beaches on nearby islands
- connected to the mainland by bridge, the island of Ganghwado has a rich history that briefly saw it as the capital of Korea in the 13th century. Today it’s all about peaceful surrounds, temples and delicious seafood
Coverage includes: Demilitarized Zone & Joint Security Area, Heyri, Suwon, Incheon and Ganghwado.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.