Seoul - Day Trips from Seoul (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Day Trips from Seoul chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seoul guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Seoul and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include the Demilitarized Zone & Joint Security Area and Suwon.
- for history buffs and collectors of weird and unsettling experiences, a visit to the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) is not to be missed
- stride around the World Heritage–listed, 18th-century fortress walls at Suwon, drop by the restored Joseon-dynasty temporary palace and enjoy the charms of the Korean Folk Village
- Korea opened up to the world at the end of the 19th century in the port city of Incheon where you’ll find a colourful Chinatown and Art Platform
- connected to the mainland by bridge, Ganghwado island has a rich history that briefly saw it as the capital of Korea in the 13th century
Coverage includes: Demilitarized Zone & Joint Security Area, Suwon, Incheon, Ganghwado.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.