Seattle - U District (PDF Chapter)
This is the U District chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guidebook.
The U District feels like its own little college town. ‘The Ave’ is an atmospheric main drag full of tiny cheap eateries, thrift stores, record stores, secondhand bookstores, tattoo parlors, bars, and coffee shops full of deadline-chasing, laptop-gazing students.
- relive (or live) your cerebral undergraduate years on the leafy, architecturally attractive campus of the University of Washington with its art galleries, neo-Gothic library and tree-studded quad
- revisit the non-cerebral part of your undergraduate days in the pubs, bars and oh-so greasy and good take-out spots of The Ave
- read the graffiti and listen to the latest street poets at legendary Blue Moon
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout