Seattle - The CD, Madrona & Madison Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the The CD, Madrona & Madison Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guidebook.
The neighborhoods sandwiched between Capitol Hill and Lake Washington are somewhat spread out and don’t really form a coherent whole. Non-residents come here for a specific reason: eg the beach at Madison Park or French food in Madison Valley.
- follow the old trolley route down E Madison St to original Seattle seaside resort Madison Park Beach for a game of Frisbee, a brave dip in the lake and some wholesome restaurant food
- learn about Seattle’s little-known African American heritage in the Northwest African American Museum
- find French, Italian and other European flavors on the taste-heavy commercial strip of 34th Ave in Madrona
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.