Seattle - Queen Anne & Lake Union (PDF Chapter)
This is the Queen Anne & Lake Union chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guidebook.
Sitting on a 456ft hill above the Seattle Center, Queen Anne is an elegant collection of ma-jestic redbrick houses and apartment buildings with gorgeous views of the city and Elliott Bay. The vistas and the fin-de-siècle mansions are worth the energy expenditure.
- ride the streetcar to the fabulous Museum of History & Industry for a first-class exposition of Seattle’s grunge-playing, aircraft-building, computer-designing history
- circumnavigate Lake Union on foot (or bike) on the well-signposted 6-mile Cheshiahud Loop
- take in the tranquil views while you gear up for some outdoor activities at idyllic Lake Un-ion
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.