Seattle - Pioneer Square, International District & SoDo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pioneer Square, International District & SoDo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guidebook.
Browsing the Pioneer Square Historical District is like visiting a movie set of ear-ly-20th-century Seattle – with better food and the shopping. This is the city’s birthplace, and the district of historical buildings is still a real crossroads of the modern city.
- relive the spirit of the gold rush at the inspiring Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park, with a museum set in one of the many red-brick Richardsonian Romanesque buildings that sprang up after the 1889 Great Fire
- dive mouth first into Seattle’s famous coffee scene with a damn fine cup of coffee at Zeit-geist Coffee
- satisfy lunchtime Asian food cravings at boisterous Jade Garden in the International Dis-trict
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout