Seattle - Pioneer Square & International District (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pioneer Square, International District & SoDo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guidebook.
Browsing the Pioneer Square Historic District is rather like visiting a movie set of early 20th-century Seattle, except that the food and the shopping are better. ID is Seattle’s de-facto Chinatown and SoDo has bars, pot shops and a whiskey distillery.
- relive the spirit of the gold rush at the inspiring Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park, set in one of the many redbrick Richardsonian Romanesque buildings that sprang up after the 1889 Great Fire
- plugging into the spirit of the times and enjoying a damn fine cup of coffee at Zeitgeist Coffee
- satisfy lunchtime Asian food cravings at Jade Garden, a boisterous dim-sum restaurant in the International District
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.