Seattle - Green Lake & Fremont (PDF Chapter)
This is the Green Lake & Fremont chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guide-book.
Fremont combines young hipsters and old hippies, with junk shops, urban sculpture and a healthy sense of its own ludicrousness. To the north, family-friendly Green Lake is a more afflu-ent suburb centered on a park favored by fitness devotees.
- walk around Seattle’s most irreverent neighborhood in search of its peculiar public art, as well as keeping an eye out for any spontaneous ‘art attacks.’
- take in chimps, giraffes, hippos and more at Woodland Park Zoo, one of the better zoos in the US
- join the walking, running, skating, cycling mass of humanity powering around beautiful Green Lake Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.