Seattle - Georgetown & West Seattle (PDF Chapter)
This is the Georgetown & West Seattle chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guidebook.
West Seattle is teeming with cute commercial strips and some of the best parks and beaches in the city. To the east is Georgetown, an arty enclave hammered out of a former industrial dis-trict.
- see how Homo sapiens got from the Wright Brothers to the Concorde in the space of just 66 years at the illustrious, entertaining and subtly educational Museum of Flight
- slow down the rhythm a couple of notches on a weekend summer’s afternoon on Alki Beach
- go on a pub crawl, or a vintage store crawl – or both – amid the red-brick bars and beer-stained history of bohemian Georgetown
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.