Seattle - Downtown, Pike Place & Waterfront (PDF Chapter)
This is the Downtown, Pike Place & Waterfront chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guidebook.
You don’t have to search long to find Seattle’s soul: head directly to Pike Place Market and throw away any map you might have acquired – your nose, eyes and ears are the only com-passes you’ll need here.
- see, smell and taste the unique energy of Pike Place Market, from the charismatic fish throwers to the creative – but disgusting – gum wall
- experience the latest surprise lighting up the constantly evolving Seattle Art Museum
- ride on the Bainbridge Island ferry just for the hell of it and watch Seattle’s famous skyline disappear in its foamy wake
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout