Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Seattle - Day Trips from Seattle (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Day Trips from Seattle chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Seattle and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Bainbridge Island and Whidbey Island.
- worth visiting for the ferry journey alone, Bainbridge Island is like a detached Seattle suburb where life moves at a distinctly slower pace
- Whidbey Island is a gentle green escape packed with pioneer history, winding lanes and an aura of peace that seems a million miles from downtown Seattle
- Snoqualmie Valley is a pastoral agricultural heaven east of Seattle that’s renowned for its supersonic waterfall and misty mountainous Twin Peaks nostalgia
- the state capital Olympia is smaller and slower paced than Seattle, but has a salubrious collegiate feel and an envelope-pushing music scene
- tiny Northwest town, La Conner, has reinvented itself as an arts community with a strong culinary tradition and a nationally renowned tulip festival
- Mt Rainer is the USA’s fifth-tallest mountain outside Alaska and is an omnipresent Seattle sentinel when the weather’s clear. Since 1899, it has been encased in an enviably managed national park
Coverage includes: Bainbridge Island, Whidbey Island, Snoqualmie Valley, Olympia, La Conner and Mt Rainier.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Washington Oregon & the Pacific Northwest - Understand Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)