Seattle - Capitol Hill & First Hill (PDF Chapter)
This is the Capitol Hill & First Hill chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guidebook.
Capitol Hill’s stretch of aging brick warehouses and former 1950s car dealerships made over into gay bars, live-music clubs, coffeehouses, record stores and fashionable restaurants is Seattle’s nightlife central. Explore it by night on foot. First Hill is more genteel.
- test the water on the Pike–Pine corridor while imbibing strong coffee behind the large glass windows of fine coffee purveyor Victrola Coffee Roasters
- see a name band at the legendary live-music venue Neumo’s, one of Seattle’s most revered
- climb to the Water Tower Observation Deck in Volunteer Park to admire dazzling vistas of Seattle and Mt Rainier
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.