Seattle - Capitol Hill & First Hill (PDF Chapter)
This is the Capitol Hill & First Hill chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guide-book.
Capitol Hill is Seattle’s most unashamedly hip neighborhood, where the rich mix with the eccentric. Despite recent gentrification, this is still Seattle’s best crash pad for dive-bar rock and roll, LGBTIQ+ mirth and on-trend dining.
- savor sunset drinks on the patio of Pony, one of the city’s most popular LGBTIQ+ bars, which lead to all-night grinding on the dance floor
- see a name band at legendary Neumo’s, one of Seattle’s most revered live-music ven-ues
- climb the water tower in Volunteer Park to admire dazzling vistas of Seattle and Mt Raini-er
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout