Seattle - Belltown & Seattle Center (PDF Chapter)
This is the Belltown & Seattle Center chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seattle guide-book.
The Seattle Center, site of the highly successful 1962 World’s Fair, is home to the Museum of Pop Culture, Chihuly Garden & Glass, and the Space Needle. After a day’s sightseeing, escape to adjacent Belltown for a bar-hopping evening out.
- ponder the shimmering glass art that sprang from the creative mind of Dale Chihuly in Chihuly Garden and Glass underneath the Space Needle
- watch the sun slip behind faraway mountains from the grassy slopes of the Olympic Sculpture Park
- take an elevator to the top of the city and marvel at the origins of the innovation and tech boom at the Space Needle
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.