Scotland's Highlands & Islands - Walking the West Highland Way (PDF Chapter)
This is the Walking the West Highland Way chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scotland’s Highlands & Islands guidebook.
From the outskirts of Glasgow, the West Highland Way leads through fertile, populous Low-land countryside to the shores of Loch Lomond, through rugged glens, beside fast-flowing streams and past wild moorland where magnificent mountains are never out of sight.
- soak up the gorgeous scenery along the bonnie banks of this lovely Loch Lomond
- enjoy a well-earned pint of ale at the atmospheric Drover’s Inn at Inverarnan
- revel in the wild open spaces of bleak but beautiful Rannoch Moor
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Planning, Milngavie & Around Drymen & Around, Rowardennan & Around, Inverarnan & Around, Tyndrum & Around, Kings House Hotel & Around, Kinlochleven & Around, Kinlochleven & Around, Fort William & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.