Scotland's Highlands & Islands - Understand Scotland's Highlands & Islands and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This chapter contains the Scotland’s Highlands & Islands Today, History, Highland Culture, Landscapes & Wildlife, Food & Drink, Directory A-Z, Transport, Glossary, and Behind the Scenes chapters from Lonely Planet’s Scotland’s Highlands & Islands guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, culture and landscapes to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on literature, music, sport, dance and all Highland culture
- info on the region’s stunning scenery and spectacular wildlife
- full coverage of Romans, Vikings, Robert the Bruce and all the region’s history
- details on the Highlands & Islands’ famed fresh produce and fine whiskies
Coverage includes: Scotland’s Highlands & Islands Today, History, Highland Culture, Landscapes & Wildlife, Food & Drink, Directory A-Z, Transport and Glossa-ry.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.