*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Scotland's Highlands & Islands - Southern Highlands & Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Highlands & Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scotland’s High-lands & Islands guidebook.
Here, sea travel is as important as road and rail - dozens of ferries allow you to island-hop your way from the Firth of Clyde to Oban and beyond, via the whisky distilleries of Islay, the wild moun-tains of Jura and the scenic delights of diminutive Colonsay.
- exploring the lovely lochscapes and accessible walking and cycling routes of the Tros-sachs
- visiting the smoky heavyweights of the whisky world on their peaty home turf of Islay
- blowing away the cobwebs on scenic, activity-packed Isle of Arran
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Loch Lomond & around, Crianlarich & Tyndrum, Helensburgh, Arrochar, The Trossachs, Aberfoyle & around, Lochs Katrine & Achray, Callander, Balquhidder & around, Killin, South Argyll, Cowal, Isle of Bute, Inveraray, Crinan Canal, Kilmartin Glen, Kintyre, Isle of Arran, Isle of Islay, Isle of Jura, Isle of Colonsay, Oban & Mull, Oban & around, Isle of Mull, Isle of Iona, Isle of Tiree, Isle of Coll, North Argyll, Loch Awe, Connel & Taynuilt, Appin & around, and Lismore.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.