Scotland's Highlands & Islands - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to Scotland’s Highlands & Islands, Scotland’s Highlands & Islands’ Top 19, Need to Know If You Like…, Month by Month, Itineraries, Activities, and Re-gions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s Scotland’s Highlands & Islands guidebook.
Your journey to Scotland’s Highlands & Islands starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on outdoor activi-ties.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about the region’s castles, beaches and islands
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to Scotland’s Highlands & Islands, Scot-land’s Highlands & Islands’ Top 19, Need to Know If You Like: Outdoor Adventures, Prehistoric Sites, Rural Museums, Coastal Scenery, Classic Hikes, Remote Islands, Natural Wonders, His-toric Castles, Wild Beaches, Month by Month, Itineraries, Activities, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation