*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.Our warehouse is closed March 28-30th too, in case you were wondering.
Scotland's Highlands & Islands - Northern Highlands & Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Highlands & Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scotland’s High-lands & Islands guidebook.
The chambered cairns of Caithness and the brochs of Sutherland are testament to the skills of prehistoric builders, while cragtop castles and the broken walls of abandoned crofts tell of the Highlands’ turbulent history.
- gorging on fresh, succulent seafood in the delightful town of Ullapool, with its picture-perfect harbour
- dipping your toes in the water at some of the world’s most beautiful beaches on Harris
- shouldering the challenge of the Cuillin Hills, with their rugged silhouettes brooding over the skyscape of Skye
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: East Coast, Strathpeffer, Tain, Portmahomack, Bonar Bridge & around, Lairg & around, Dornoch, Golspie, Helmsdale, Caithness, Helmsdale to Lybster, Lybster & around, Wick, John O’Groats, Mey, Dunnet Head, Thurso, North & West Coast, Thurso to Durness, Durness, Durness to Ullapool, Ullapool, Ullapool to Kyle of Lochalsh, Kyle of Lochalsh, Kyle to the Great Glen, Isle of Skye, Kyleakin (Caol Acain), Broadford (An T-Ath Leathann), Sleat, Armadale, Isleornsay, Elgol (Ealaghol), Cuillin Hills, Minginish, Portree (Port Righ), Dunvegan (Dun Bheagain), Duirinish & Waternish, Trotternish, Isle of Raasay, Outer Hebrides, Lewis (Leodhais), Harris (Na Hearadh), Berneray (Bearnaraigh), North Uist (Uibhist A Tuath), Benbecula (Beinn Na Faoghla), South Uist (Uibhist A Deas), Eriskay (Eiriosgaigh), and Barra (Barraigh).
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.