*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Scotland's Highlands & Islands - Inverness & the Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Inverness & the Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scotland’s Highlands & Islands guidebook.
From Cairngorm National Park to Royal Deeside, Scotland’s central highlands provide endless opportunities for outdoor hiking, hillwalking and mountain biking. Royal Deeside also boasts one of Scotland’s most famous salmon rivers.
- hiking among the hills, lochs and forests of beautiful Glen Affric
- wandering through the ancient Caledonian forest at Rothiemurchus Estate
- making it to the summit of Ben Nevis – and being able to see the view
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Inverness & the Great Glen, Inverness & around, West of Inverness, Black Isle, Loch Ness, The Cairngorms, Aviemore & around, Grantown-on-Spey, Kingussie & Newtonmore, Eastern Cairngorms, Southern Cairngorms, Highland Perthshire, Dunkeld to Blair Atholl, Lochs Tummel & Rannoch, Strathtay, West Highlands, Glen Coe, Kinlochleven, Fort William & around, Ardnamurchan, Salen to Lochailort, Road to the Isles, Knoydart Peninsula, Small Isles, Isle of Rum, Isle of Eigg, Isle of Muck, and Isle of Canna.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.