*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Scotland's Highlands & Islands travel guide
3rd Edition Feb 2015
Ships in 1-2 business days
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
Digital PDF only
Book + eBook
The hills and glens and wild coastline of Scotland’s Highlands and islands offer the ultimate escape – one of the last corners of Europe where you can discover genuine solitude.
Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Scotland’s Highlands & Islands, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice:
- inspirational images, city walks and recommendations from our expert
- planning features and top itineraries to help you plan the perfect trip
- local secrets and hidden travel gems that will make your trip unique
- plus castles, lochs & mountains, walks, road trips & scenic drives and outdoor activities
Coverage includes: Planning chapters, Southern Highlands & Islands, Walking the West Highland Way, Central Highlands, The Great Glen & Lochaber, Skye & The Western Isles, Northwest Highlands, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, Understand & Survive
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.