Scotland's Highlands & Islands travel guide
3rd Edition Feb 2015
Ships in 1-2 business days
PDF, EPUB, MOBI
Digital PDF only
Book + eBook
The hills and glens and wild coastline of Scotland’s Highlands and islands offer the ultimate escape – one of the last corners of Europe where you can discover genuine solitude.
Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Scotland’s Highlands & Islands, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice:
- inspirational images, city walks and recommendations from our expert
- planning features and top itineraries to help you plan the perfect trip
- local secrets and hidden travel gems that will make your trip unique
- plus castles, lochs & mountains, walks, road trips & scenic drives and outdoor activities
Coverage includes: Planning chapters, Southern Highlands & Islands, Walking the West Highland Way, Central Highlands, The Great Glen & Lochaber, Skye & The Western Isles, Northwest Highlands, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, Understand & Survive
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.