Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Scotland - Understand Scotland & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
All the info you need on everything from history: invasions, civil wars, religious reformation and industrial revolution to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on Scotland’s own distinct identity, proudly retained despite being part of Great Britain for 300 years
- info on food in Scotland, so much more than the deep-fried stereotypes
- full coverage of Scotland’s proud traditions in literature, music, architecture and sport
- details on the stunning, dramatic scenery to be found throughout and the best wildlife-spotting in Britain
Coverage includes: Scotland Today: An Independent Scotland, Renewable Energy and Development Versus Conservation, History: Early Days, Romans & Picts, The First Kings of Scotland, Robert the Bruce & William Wallace, The Renaissance, Mary Queen of Scots & the Reformation, Union with England, The Jacobites, The Highland Clearances, The Scottish Enlightenments, The Industrial Revolution, War & Peace and Devolution, The Scottish Larder: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, Vegetarian & Vegan, Eating with Kids, Farmers Markets & Food Festivals and What Are Ye Drinkin’?, Scottish Culture: Arts, Architecture and Sport, Natural Scotland: The Land, The Water, Wildlife, National Parks and Environmental Issues, Directory A–Z and Transport.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Scotland's Highlands & Islands - Understand Scotland's Highlands & Islands & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)