Scotland - Understand Scotland and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Scotland Today, History, The Scottish Larder, Scottish Culture, Nat-ural Scotland, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Glossary chapters from Lonely Planet’s Scotland guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, culture and landscapes to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbi-an travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your con-versations with a handy glossary.
- a rundown on proud Scottish identity and innovative culture
- info on Scotland’s stunning, dramatic scenery
- full coverage of the country’s history, from Romans, to reformation and revolt
- details on the finest whisky and freshest food
Coverage includes: Scotland Today, History, The Scottish Larder, Scot-tish Culture, Natural Scotland, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Glossary.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.