Scotland - Southern Highlands & Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Highlands & Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scotland guidebook.
Here, sea travel is key – dozens of ferries allow you to island-hop from the scenic splendour of Arran to majestic Mull or Tiree’s lonely sands, via the whisky distilleries of Islay, the wild mountains of Jura, and Oban’s sustainable seafood scene.
- explore the lovely lochscapes and accessible walking and cycling routes of The Tros-sachs
- visit the smoky heavyweights of the whisky world on their peaty turf of Islay
- blow away the cobwebs on scenic, activity-packed Arran
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Loch Lomond & The Trossachs, Loch Lomond, Cri-anlarich & Tyndrum, Arrochar, The Trossachs, South Argyll, Cowal, Bute, Inveraray, Crinan Canal, Kilmartin Glen, Kintyre, Islay, Jura, Colonsay, Arran, Brodick & Around, Corrie & Around, Lochranza, West Coast, South Coast, Lamlash, Oban, Mull, Iona & Tiree, Oban & Around, Mull, Iona, Tiree, Coll, North Argyll, Loch Awe, Connel & Taynuilt.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.