Scotland - Northern Highlands & Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Highlands & Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scotland guidebook.
Scotland’s vast and melancholy soul is here: an epic land with a stark beauty that indelibly imprints the hearts of those who journey through the mist and mountains, rock and heather. It’s simply magical.
- drive North Coast 500, one of Europe’s most spectacularly scenic road trips
- gorge on fresh, succulent seafood in the delightful Ullapool, with its picture-perfect harbour
- dip your toes in the water at harris, some of the world’s most beautiful beaches in the Western Isles
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: East Coast, Strathpeffer, Tain, Portmahomack, Bonar Bridge & Around, Lairg & Around, Dornoch, Golspie, Helmsdale, Caithness, Lybster & Around, Wick, John O’Groats, Mey, Dunnet Head, Thurso & Scrabster, North & West Coast, Durness, Ullapool, Kyle of Lochalsh, Skye, Kyleakin (Caol Acain), Broadford (An T-Ath Leathann), Armadale & Sleat, Isleornsay, Elgol (Ealaghol), Cuillin Hills, Minginish, Portree (Port Righ), Dunvegan (Dun Bheagain), Duirinish & Waternish, Trotternish, Raasay, Outer Hebrides, Lewis (Leodhais), Harris (Na Hearadh), Berneray (Bearnaraigh), North Uist (Uibhist A Tuath), Benbecula (Beinn Na Faoghla), South Uist (Uibhist A Deas) and Barra (Barraigh).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.