Scotland - Northeast Scotland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northeast Scotland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scotland guidebook.
Many visitors pass by this corner of the country in their rush to the tourist honeypots of Loch Ness and Skye. But they’re missing out on a part that’s just as beautiful and diverse as the more obvious attractions.
- explore below decks on board Discovery, Captain Scott’s famous polar exploration vessel in Dundee
- meditate on the meaning of the mysterious Pictish Aberlemno Stones of Angus
- tuck into the cream of Scottish cuisine at Tayberry in Broughty Ferry
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dundee & Angus, Broughty Ferry, Glamis Castle, Arbroath, Kirriemuir, Edzell, Brechin, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen & Around, Stonehaven, Strathdon, Moray, Elgin, Dufftown & Aberlour, Banff & Macduff and Portsoy.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.