Scotland - Northeast Scotland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northeast Scotland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scotland guide-book.
Within this region you’ll find two of Scotland’s four largest cities: Dundee, the city of jute, jam and journalism, home to Captain Scott’s Antarctic research ship, the Discovery; and Aberdeen, the granite city, an economic powerhouse fuelled by the riches of North Sea oil.
- discover the best of Scottish and international design at the architecturally stunning V&A Dundee, in the heart of the city’s redeveloped waterfront
- meditate on the meaning of the mysterious Pictish Aberlemno Stones, carved with strange symbols and scenes of battle
- tuck into the cream of Scottish cuisine at Tayberry in Broughty Ferry
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dundee & Angus, Dundee, Broughty Ferry, Glamis Castle, Arbroath, Kirriemuir, Edzell, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen & Around, Stonehaven, Strathdon, Moray, Elgin, Dufftown & Aberlour, Banff & Macduff, Portsoy.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.