*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Scotland - Inverness & the Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Inverness & the Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scotland guidebook.
From the subarctic plateau of the Cairngorms to the rolling hills of Highland Perthshire and the rugged, rocky peaks of Glen Coe, the central mountain ranges of the Scottish Highlands are testimony to the sculpting power of ice and weather.
- hike among the hills, lochs and forests of Scotland’s most beautiful glen, Glen Affric
- wander through ancient Caledonian forest in the heart of the Cairngorms on the Rothiemurchus Estate
- make it to the summit of the UK’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis – and be able to see the view
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Great Glen, Inverness & Around, West of Inverness, Black Isle, Loch Ness, The Cairngorms, Aviemore & Around, Grantown-on-Spey, Kingussie & Newtonmore, Tomintoul & Around, Royal Deeside, The Angus Glens, Highland Perthshire, Dunkeld & Birnam, Pitlochry, Blair Atholl, Lochs Tummel & Rannoch, Aberfeldy, Kenmore, Loch Tay & Ben Lawers, Fortingall, Glen Lyon, West Highlands, Glen Coe, Glencoe Village, Kinlochleven, Fort William & Around, Ardnamurchan, Road to the Isles, Knoydart Peninsula, Small Isles, Rum, Eigg, Canna and Muck.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.