Scotland - Glasgow (PDF Chapter)
This is the Glasgow chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scotland guidebook.
The soberly handsome Victorian buildings, the legacy of wealth generated from manufacturing and trade, suggest a staid sort of place. Very wrong. They are packed with stylish bars, top-notch restaurants and one of Britain’s best live-music scenes.
- explore the city’s fabulous wealth of paintings, sculpture and public art, beginning with the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum
- discover the city’s fine Victorian buildings and the Art Nouveau masterpieces of Charles Rennie Mackintosh
- dine in the Ubiquitous Chip, the restaurant that set the scene for the West End’s culinary ex-cellence
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Glasgow.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.