*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Scandinavia - Sweden (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sweden chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scandinavia guidebook.
As progressive and civilised as it may be, Sweden is a wild place. Its scenery ranges from impenetrable forests to sunny beaches. Lovers of the outdoors will thrive here in any season: winter sees skiing and dogsledding while the warmer months invite long hikes, swimming and canoeing.
- hike through wild landscapes, spot herds of reindeer, absorb Sámi culture and sleep in the world-famous Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi
- dig into the art, fashion and originality that make Sweden’s ‘second city’ of Göteborg first-rate
- celebrate Midsummer in the heartland villages surrounding lovely Lake Siljan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Stockholm and around, Vaxholm, Stockholm Archipelago, Sigtuna, Svealand, Uppsala, Örebro, Falun, Lake Siljan Region, Skåne, Malmö, Lund, Trelleborg, Ystad, Helsingborg, Götaland, Göteborg, Strömstad, Norrköping, Linköping, Vadstena, Småland, Växjö,Glasriket, Oskarshamn, Kalmar, Öland, Karlskrona, Gotland, Visby, Norrland, Gävle, Sundsvall, Höga Kusten, Östersund, Åre, Umeå, Luleå, Arvidsjaur, Jokkmokk, Gällivare, Kiruna, Abisko, Kungsleden, Understand and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.