Scandinavia - Norway (PDF Chapter)
This is the Norway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scandinavia guidebook.
Norway is a once-in-a-lifetime destination and the essence of its appeal is remarkably simple: this is one of the most beautiful countries on earth. The drama of Norway’s natural world ¬– of steep-sided fjords, grand glaciers and the primeval Arctic – is difficult to overstate.
- take the ferry Flåm to Gudvangen through some of Norway’s most spectacular fjord scenery in Aurlandsfjorden
- sleep in a fisherman’s robu (shanty) on the craggy and beautiful archipelago of the Lofoten Islands
- journey by train from Oslo to Bergen, arguably Norway’s most attractive coastal city
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Oslo, Southern Norway, Arendal, Grimstad, Kristian-sand, Rjukan, Central Norway, Lillehammer, Røros, Jotunheimen National Park, Bergen & the Southwestern Fjords, Bergen, Voss, Hardangerfjord, Stavanger, Lysefjord, Sognefjorden, Jostedalsbreen & Nigardsbreen, Geirangerfjorden, Åndalsnes, Ålesund, Northern Norway, Trondheim, Bodø, Narvik, Lofoten, Vesterålen, Tromsø, Finnmark, Alta, Hammerfest, Nordkapp, Kirkenes, Karasjok, Svalbard, Longyearbyen, Understand Norway, History, People, The Arts, En-vironment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience