Scandinavia - Iceland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Iceland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scandinavia guidebook.
Iceland is literally a country in the making, a vast volcanic laboratory where mighty forces shape the earth: geysers gush, mudpots gloop, sulphurous clouds puff from fissures and glaciers grind great pathways through the mountains.
- explore the all-star assortment of boutiques, museums and galleries, restaurants and lively bars of Reykjavík
- don crampons for an easy but exhilarating glacier walk in Skaftafell
- wander around the otherworldly geological wonderland of Myvatn
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Reykjavík & Around Reykjavík, Blue Lagoon, The Golden Circle, Reykjanesfólkvangur Reserve, The West, Snæfellsnes Peninsula, The Westfjords, Ísafjörður, Hornstrandir, Látrabjarg Peninsula, The North, Siglufjörður, Akureyri & Around, Grí-msey, Húsavík, Mývatn Region, The East, Egilsstaðir, Seyðisfjörður, The South, Vatnajökull Na-tional Park, Landmannalaugar, Vestmannaeyjar, Vík & Around, Understand Iceland, History, Re-ligion, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience