Scandinavia - Finland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Finland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scandinavia guidebook.
There’s something pure in the Finnish air; it’s an invitation to get out and active year-round. A post-sauna dip in an ice hole under the aurora borealis isn’t a typical winter’s day just anywhere. And hiking under the midnight sun through pine forests isn’t your typical summer either.
- marvel at the shimmering lakescapes of handsome Savonlinna, and see a top-quality opera in its medieval castle
- cruise Lakeland waterways, gorge on tiny fish, and sweat it out in the huge smoke sauna at Kuopio
- cross the Arctic Circle, hit the awesome Arktikum museum, and visit Santa in his official grotto at Rovaniemi
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Helsinki, South Coast, Porvoo, Hanko, Turku, Naantali, Åland Archipelago, Mariehamn, around the Islands, Southwestern Finland, Tampere, Hämeenlinna, Rauma, Vaasa, Jakobstad, Lakeland & Karelia, Lappeenranta, Savonlinna & around, Jyväskylä, Kuopio, Joensuu, Ilomantsi, Treks around Karelia, Lake Pielinen Region, North-Central Finland, Kuhmo, Oulu, Kuusamo & Ruka, Oulanka National Park, Lapland, Rovaniemi, Western Lapland, Northeastern Lapland, Lemmenjoki National Park, Understand and Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.