Scandinavia - Finland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Finland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Scandinavia guidebook.
There’s something pure in the Finnish air; it’s an invitation to get out and active year-round. A post-sauna dip in an ice hole under the aurora borealis isn’t a typical winter’s day just anywhere; a hike under the midnight sun isn’t your typical summer either.
- immerse yourself in Helsinki’s harbourside creative melting pot for the latest in Finnish de-sign and nightlife
- marvel at the shimmering lakescapes of Savonlinna and see top-quality opera in its medi-eval castle
- cruise Lakeland waterways, gorge on tiny fish, and sweat it out in the huge smoke sauna at Kuopio
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Helsinki, Turku & the South Coast, Porvoo, Hanko, Turku, Naantali, Åland Archipelago & Around, Mariehamn, Southwestern Finland, Tampere, Hämeenlinna, Rauma, Vaasa, Jakobstad, Lakeland & Karelia, Lappeenranta, Savonlinna & Around, Jyväskylä, Kuopio, Joensuu, Ilomantsi, Lake Pielinen Region, North-Central Finland, Kuhmo, Oulu, Kuusamo & Ruka, Lapland, Rovaniemi, Western Lapland, Northern Lapland, Lemmenjoki National Park, Understand Finland, History, People, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.