Sardinia - Olbia, the Costa Smeralda & Gallura (PDF Chapter)
The Costa Smeralda evokes Sardinia’s classic images: pearly-white beaches and weird, wind-whipped licks of rock tapering into emerald seas. The dazzling coastal strip that the Aga Khan bought for a pittance is today the playground of millionaires and A-listers.
- hang out with the bronzed, beautiful and super-famous on Sardinia’s most exclusive coastline, the Costa Smeralda
- island-hop around the Parco Nazionale dell’Arcipelago di La Maddalena and dive into its jewel-coloured waters
- lounge on the frosty white sands of ‘Little Tahiti’, the Cala Brandinchi
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Olbia, Golfo Aranci, South Coast, Porto San Paolo & Isola Tavolara, San Teodoro, Costa Smeralda & Around, Porto Cervo, Poltu Quatu, Baia Sardinia, Cannigione, Arzachena, San Pantaleo, Northern Gallura Coast, Santa Teresa di Gallura, Palau, Arcipelago di La Maddalena, Porto Pollo & Isola Dei Gabbiani, The Interior, Tempio Pausania, Aggius, Berchidda & Monti.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation