Sardinia - Nuoro & the East (PDF Chapter)
Nowhere else in Sardinia is nature such an overwhelming force as in the wild, wild east, where the Supramonte’s imperious limestone mountains roll down to the Golfo di Orosei’s cliffs and startling aquamarine waters.
- walk on the wild side in Europe’s Grand Canyon, the Gola Su Gorropu
- drop anchor among the hidden coves and secluded beaches of Sardinia’s most magnifi-cent bay, the Golfo di Orosei
- take a scenic drive along the serpentine road SS125 for captivating views of the mountains and the Med
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nuoro, Barbagia, Orgosolo, Mamoiada, Gavoi, Fonni, Aritzo, Sarcidano, Laconi, South of Laconi, Golfo di Orosei, Cala Gonone, Orosei, Galtelli, Su-pramonte, Oliena, Dorgali & Around, Baunei & the Altopiano del Golgo, Ogliastra, Tortolì & Around, Arbatax & Around, Inland Ogliastra.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.