Sardinia - Alghero & the Northwest (PDF Chapter)
Inspiring natural beauty goes hand-in-hand with history and urban charm in Sardinia’s northwestern corner. The obvious belle of the ball is the coastline with its brilliant sandy beaches, heady cliffs and hidden rocky coves. But head inland and surprises await…
- dive into Caribbean-coloured waters at the idyllic beach of Spiaggia della Pelosa, one of Sardinia’s most spectacular
- revel in dreamy sunset views on Alghero’s historic bastion (sea walls)
- watch out for albino donkeys in the rocky wilds of the remote, deserted island of Parco Na-zionale dell’Asinara
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Alghero, Riviera del Corallo, Fertilia & Around, Porto Conte & Capo Caccia, The North Coast, Stintino & Isola dell’Asinara, Porto Torres, Castelsardo, Sassari & Around, Ozieri, Sennori, Sorso & the Sassari Riviera, Valle dei Nuraghi.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.