No code necessary. See terms.
San Francisco - Understand San Francisco & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This chapter contains the San Francisco Today, History, Literary San Francisco, Visual Arts, San Francisco Music, San Francisco Architecture, Transportation, Directory A–Z, and Behind the Scenes chapters from Lonely Planet’s San Francisco guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, architecture and music to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the city’s literature, from Beat poets to Tales of the City, from graphic novels to spoken word
- info on San Francisco’s architecture, from Victorian to modern
- full coverage of the city’s history: gold, quakes, flower power and more
- details on the best music and visual arts
Coverage includes: San Francisco Today, History, Literary San Francis-co, Visual Arts, San Francisco Music, San Francisco Architecture, Transportation, Directory A–Z, and Behind the Scenes.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.