San Francisco - The Mission, Dogpatch & Potrero Hill (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Mission, Dogpatch & Potrero Hill chapter from Lonely Planet’s San Francisco guidebook.
The best way to enjoy the Mission is with a book in one hand and a burrito in the other, amid murals, sunshine and the usual crowd of creatives, techies, and skaters.
- see garage doors, storefronts and entire alleyways transformed into canvases in the Mission, with more than 500 murals by local and international artists
- play, picnic and people-watch entire days away in Dolores Park, while avoiding any form of adult responsibility
- stroll Valencia St, the city’s liveliest corridor, grabbing a bite or a cocktail at a trendy new restaurant, and popping into lifestyle and novelty stores
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout