*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
San Francisco - The Marina, Fisherman's Wharf & the Piers (PDF Chapter)
Fisherman’s Wharf is the epicenter of tourism in San Francisco. Visit the Golden Gate Bridge during early afternoon to avoid the fog, and be prepared for walking. Cow Hollow and the Marina have good boutique-shopping strips, bars and restaurants.
- stroll across the Golden Gate Bridge just after the fog clears, revealing magnificent views of downtown San Francisco with sailboats plying the waves below
- feel cold winds blow and imagine the misery of prison life on Alcatraz
- giggle at the shenanigans of braying and barking sea lions on pier 39
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.