*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
San Francisco - The Haight, NoPa & hayes Valley (PDF Chapter)
Pick up picnic fixings for lunch amid Victorians atop Alamo Square Park – or, in case of fog, brunch in NoPa. Take a tour of hippie history in the upper Haight, then go highbrow with Hayes Valley boutiques and fine dining.
- bring back the Summer of Love on Haight Street: wear flowers, make a manifesto, sing freestyle folk songs, and follow in the footsteps of psychedelic rock gods
- toast jazz giants between sets in front of Sandow Birk’s tiled music-history mural at sfjazz
- admire Victorian mansions that have hosted earthquake refugees and hippie communes, speakeasies and satanic rites, at Alamo Square Park
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.