San Francisco - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to San Francisco, San Francisco’s Top 10, What’s New, Need to Know, Top Itineraries, If You Like..., Month By Month, With Kids, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, LGBTIQ+, Shopping, and Sports & Activities chapters from Lonely Planet’s San Francisco guidebook.
Your journey to San Francisco starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on traveling with kids.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about LGBTIQ+ San Francisco
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to San Francisco, San Francisco’s Top 10, What’s New, Need to Know, Top Itineraries, If You Like: Vista Points, Local Hangouts, Historic Sites, Movie Locations, Free Stuff, Hidden Alleyways, Month By Month, With Kids, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, LGBTIQ+, Shopping, and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.