No code necessary. See terms.
San Francisco - North Beach & Chinatown (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
Duck into Chinatown’s historic alleyways to glimpse a neighborhood that’s survived against daunting odds. Detour via the birthplace of Beat literature, then hike the garden-lined Filbert Street Steps to giddy panoramas and daring murals at Coit Tower.
- hear mah-jongg tiles, temple gongs and Chinese orchestras as you wander Chinatown’s backstreets
- reflect in the Poet’s Chair and celebrate free speech at City Lights Books
- climb Filbert Street Steps past heckling parrots and fragrant gardens to the panoramic, mu-ral-lined Coit Tower
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.