*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
San Francisco - Nob Hill, Russian Hill & Fillmore (PDF Chapter)
Tackle Japantown and Pacific Heights together: go north on Fillmore to window-shop spiffy boutiques, then walk west to Alta Plaza Park for knockout city-view picnics. Explore the steep slopes of Russian and Nob Hills by cable car.
- step off the Powell-Hyde cable car and thrill to spectacular hilltop vistas, before descending Lombard Street’s famous switchbacks
- marvel at afternoon fog blowing through the Golden Gate from elevated George Sterling Park, a lovely spot for a picnic
- soak naked in silence in the communal Japanese baths of Kabuki Springs & Spa – a cozy hideaway on a cold, foggy day
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.