San Francisco - Nob Hill & Russian Hill (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nob Hill & Russian Hill chapter from Lonely Planet’s San Francisco guidebook.
Summit San Francisco’s twin downtown hills and you’ll discover everyone’s heads are in the clouds – billionaires and penniless poets, rock stars and rock-star chefs, urban hikers and spiritual seekers. Just follow your own bliss and watch the Bay Bridge lights twinkle.
- see San Francisco as the Mexican muralist maestro did – a fascinating work in progress – at the Diego Rivera Gallery
- see North Beach unfurl below you like a magic carpet from Vallejo Street Steps, hovering between the Bay Bridge and downtown skyscrapers
- leap off the Powell-Hyde cable car to photograph Lombard Street’s famous switch-backs
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout