San Francisco - Golden Gate Park & the Avenues (PDF Chapter)
Hang out with blue butterflies in the rainforest dome at the California Academy of Sciences, summit Strawberry Hill for views past Stow Lake to the Pacific as red-tailed hawks swoop, then hop the N streetcar for a stroll along Ocean Beach.
- do what comes naturally: skip, loll or lindy-hop through Golden Gate Park, America’s most outlandish stretch of urban wilderness, and race bison toward the Pacific Ocean
- follow Andy Goldsworthy’s sidewalk fault lines to discover groundbreaking global art from Oceania to South Africa, Afghanistan to Alaska at the de Young Museum
- enjoy sunsets on the wildflower-topped roof and wild nights at kids-only sleepovers and 21-plus NightLife events at the California Academy of Sciences
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.