No code necessary. See terms.
San Francisco - Golden Gate Park & the Avenues (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
Hang out with blue butterflies in the rainforest dome at the California Academy of Sciences, summit Strawberry Hill for views past Stow Lake to the Pacific as red-tailed hawks swoop, then hop the N streetcar for a stroll along Ocean Beach.
- do what comes naturally: skip, loll or lindy-hop through Golden Gate Park, America’s most outlandish stretch of urban wilderness, and race bison toward the Pacific Ocean
- follow Andy Goldsworthy’s sidewalk fault lines to discover groundbreaking global art from Oceania to South Africa, Afghanistan to Alaska at the de Young Museum
- enjoy sunsets on the wildflower-topped roof and wild nights at kids-only sleepovers and 21-plus NightLife events at the California Academy of Sciences
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.