San Francisco - Golden Gate Park & the Avenues (PDF Chapter)
This is the Golden Gate Park & the Avenues chapter from Lonely Planet’s San Francisco guidebook.
Hardcore surfers and gourmet adventurers meet in the foggy Avenues around Golden Gate Park. This is one totally chill global village, featuring bluegrass and Korean BBQ, disc golf and tiki cocktails, French pastries and cult-movie matinees.
- do what comes naturally: skipping, lolling or Lindy-Hopping through America’s most out-landish stretch of urban wilderness, Golden Gate Park, and race bison toward the Pacific Ocean
- follow Andy Goldsworthy’s sidewalk fault lines to discover groundbreaking global art from Oceania to South Africa, Afghanistan to Alaska at the de Young Museum
- enjoy sunsets on the California Academy of Sciences’ wildflower-topped roof and wild nights at kids-only Academy sleepovers and 21-plus NightLife events
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.