*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
San Francisco - Downtown, Civic Centre & SoMa (PDF Chapter)
The cluster of monumental stone buildings and plazas around City Hall is called Civic Cen-ter. Start your day at the Asian Art Museum, then shop around Union Sq. Come nightfall, SoMa bars, nightclubs and drag cabarets encourage outrageousness.
- graze the Northern California food scene with incredible bay views at Ferry Building, a showcase for the Bay Area’s food purveyors and organic farmers
- get lost in mesmerizing installation art at the new triple-sized San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) – and discuss it over museum-quality meals at In Situ
- squeal with glee during a cable-car trip and congratulate yourself for not wearing shorts and shivering the whole way
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.