San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country - Sonoma Valley Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sonoma Valley Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips guidebook.
Flanked by sun-drenched hills and vast vineyard landscapes, the bountiful roadside farms and unassuming top-notch wineries along this trip make for a relaxing excursion.
- step back in time at the Sonoma State Historic Park
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- taste Cabernet-infused chocolate
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- see where author Jack London spent the last years of his life
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Cornerstone Sonoma, Homewood winery, Gundlach-Bundschu winery, Traintown, Sonoma, Oak Hill Farm, Imagery Estate, Glen Ellen, Jack London Historic Park, Kenwood, Napa Valley Wineries, Napa, Yountville, Oakville, Rutherford, Napa Valley Wineries, Napa, Yountville, Oakville, Rutherford, St Helena, Calistoga, Sonoma Valley Wineries, Russian River Area Wineries, Sebastopol, Occidental, Guernville, Healdsburg, Bodega Bay, Sonoma Coast State Beach and Jenner.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.