San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country - Russian River & the Bohemian Highway Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Russian River & the Bohemian Highway Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips guidebook.
In western Sonoma County, tour organic wineries, stately redwood forests, ribbons of undulating road and the serene Russian River, then ogle seals and whales along the coast.
- splash and float in the Russian River
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- see gray whales breach offshore at Bodega Head
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- watch harbour seals frolic where the river meets the sea
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Sebastopol, Bohemian Highway, Coleman Valley Road, Bodega Bay, Jenner, Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve, Guernville, Healdsburg, Dry Creek Valley, Napa Valley Wineries, Napa, Yountville, Oakville, Rutherford, St Helena, Calistoga, Sonoma Valley Wineries, Sonoma, Glen Ellen, Kenwood, Russian River Area Wineries, Occidental and Sonoma Coast State Beach.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation